cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

meeting place express and conferencing

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

when joining a voice conferencing call via meeting express 2.x ie. you have 2 callers in the mtg and one of the users presses their conf softkey to dial an external number so person 3 can be joined to the call, the person on the call cant be heard by the other 2. any idea?

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Here's my first thought/opinion on this one - in the voice conferencing call with MPE, it's providing the conference bridge. When you press the Confrn softkey on the phone, CallManager is providing the bridge. If you permit outdialing from MPE, one of the two conference users can invite the person to the meeting from within the web application, or provide the meeting notice and have the user call in to the MPE access number.

Ginger

but what if they dont want to do that? can the system work the way i described?

Hi -

I just tested this on my MPE system using an adhoc voice conference and it worked OK. Here are the steps I performed:

1. Scheduled adhoc conference from MPE web page and had MPE call me.

2. Dialed MPE and entered adhoc meeting ID from second phone.

3. On the second phone, conferenced in my cell phone. Make sure you press the Confrn softkey a second time to Join the two calls.

All three phones were then able to hear each other. Could you retest that way and see if it works?

Ginger

i scheduled a meeting. dialed into it

had phone 2 dial into it

i conferenced in another number but we couldnt hear phone 2

do u know of a setting that needs to be checked?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: