cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

picking fxo port

jarango_717
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have a CME, the router has 4 FXO ports,each port connect to the PSTN they are under a common trunk group called BRC, when i make an outgoing call the call takes the first port, but if i disconnect the line from the first fxo port the call can not out. i have applied several hunt-scheme but sometimes works. i think that the port can not identify in which port it has a line connected.

thanks

i hope your answer

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hola, unfortunately the router does not rehunts for failed calls out FXO ports, so if the line dies, you have to manually shutdown the port.

I would not put the ports in a trunk group. Just try this:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern .T (or whatever)

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-patter .T

port 0/0/1

I think you should find that if you 'debug vpm signal' that the port will go into WAIT_DIAL_TONE state and will time out and hunt to the next port.

For FXS ports - the router does not know. There is no way to hunt out FXS ports. But for an FXO port, if the router does not get a dial tone it should fall over. Make sure you have the correct cptone defined under the voice port for detection purposes.

hth,

nick

If you think about, it's a pity one has to renounce the cleanliness and flexibility of trunk groups due to no rehunting on lack of current loop.

I'm not entirely sure if it's a trunk group configuration to be honest. I never configure them, as when we troubleshoot we break it into the simplest parts first and then add features on top of things we know that work.

If we find out that removing the hunt group was the source of the problem - it would be a shame. It's very possible this isn't the case and it's something else.

We will see.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: