cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) MWI Issues and ReSync

gpworld
Level 1
Level 1

I have just implemented a second UCM integration with Unity 5.0(1) (Failover w/ Exchange). One cluster is 5.1 UCM and the other is 6.1 UCM.

After creating the integration I am having major MWI sync issues. Seems almost to dial out at random. We do have a large exchange environment and I understand that the resync can take quite some time.

Anyone know how to STOP the resync process? Anyway to gauge the progress of the resync for MWI by percentage complete, or something like that?

Any comments, as always would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

You can stop the resynch process by stopping the AvMsgStoreMonitorSvr service. But one you restart it and Exchange is online/available, the resynch will commence again. When you stop it in this way, you will see an application event message indicating it was stopped and how many inboxes had been completed. Make sure you have at least one Unity port per integration for performing MWI dialouts.

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Yeah if the sync start again then it is anti productive to what needs to happen. I have a few ports for dialout of MWI so that is not the issue.

One problem too would be that the AVMsgStoreMonitorSvc (correct me if I am wrong) monitors the exchange environment for changes before queuing the event in with the Notifier for dialout. So new messages would not display MWI?

MWI can be frustrating for sure...any other way of monitoring the progress?

Hi -

If the service was stopped for a long time, the AvNotifier service (which is dependent on the AVMsgStoreMonitorSvr service) would not send the set lamp instruction to CallManager. I mentioned stopping this service just to cancel the one that was in progress and give the ports time to clear out, not to keep the service stopped. Something else I can recommend, as I have a Unity server integrated with two CCM clusters (but no failover) is to schedule nightly MWI synch in UTIM at different times for each cluster. That may help. Also, when we perform Exchange maintenance on Sundays and Exchange is down for awhile, we've noticed we have to restart the AVMsgStoreMonitorSvr service on Monday mornings. The scheduled resynch will kick off OK, but never complete. Restarting the service has been the circumvention that works for us. A way to monitor the progress is to run Port Status Monitor for the ports configured for MWI dialout while you are synching MWI. Other forum experts may have other recommendations.

Ginger

Greg,

You can try opening the Data Link Explorer from the Tools Depot under Diagnostic Tools. Scroll down to the NotificationMWI table. If you sort on MWIStatePending column on the right hand side, you can see how many pending MWIs there are after a resync. 0 = it is not pending.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There were some MWI resynch performance imrovements made in a Cisco Unity 5.0(1) Engineering Special (ES).

See the following defect:

Unity MWI resync performance needs improvement

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsg64120