cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callconnector functionality on Windows Terminal Server

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

It's been my experience that the CallConnector Client for Windows is not usable on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server. The software works but since the TAPI config is stored in one global place all users of the terimal server use the same phone/extension which is of course not a good thing.

Does anybody know how the CallConnector Server works? The sales literature doesn't mention TAPI. Is it possible that using the server version we can get Callconnector functionality for our terminal server users?

Thanks,

Diego

2 Replies 2

Hi Diego,

I've interfaced with development about this, and there are two things to be noted:

1) It's not officially supported

2) They are aware of it and there may be plans in the future to include support.

The best thing you can do is talk to whoever sold you this system and ask for a feature request. Enough customers asking and making a business case for it is the best option for getting it through to development.

-nick

Thanks for the info. I will be sure to ask for this feature.

Although you didn't specifically mention it, I gather from your post that I will not see any difference when using the Callconnector server edition over the client edition. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Diego