cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 7.0 - Integration with AD

Paularr2007
Level 1
Level 1

I'm doing a integration with AD in CUPS 7.0 and the CCM 7. I'm able to login in the personal communicator but i don't receive any DN.

I was looking at presence server and the field Phone is notting appearing. The format of de nubmer in AD is +55613414 plus the four digits of the extension. At Call Manager 7.0 is registered only with the 4 number of extension.

For example,

the DN in call manager is 4051 , but the field telephone number of AD is +556134145051. I tried to do a Directory lookup rule, but i don't know if it is correct.

So,

I'm able to login in personal Communicator

I'm able to see the presence of the user in the Presence Administration Page

But i can't see the DN in Personal Communicator .

Tks,

Paula

Login un CUP

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

in AD, which field contains phone number? "Telephone Number" or "IP phone"?

Michael

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

The field is Telephonenumber.

if i look at callmaanger at users i can see telephonenumber: +55613414 plus the four digits of extension.

But in the presence configuration i can't reveive this informaion.

So i can log in personal communicator, but i can't receive any information of the user ( only the user id). So the personal communicator stays offline and and i can't see any presence of user. But if i log in the presence administration page and look for this particular user i can see the presence information but teh fiel telephonenumber is empty.

tks,

paula

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im confused on what you are doing? So when you add a contact in from AD in CUPS, the number is showing as +5561xxxxx? You need to create an application dialing rule in CUCM to have CUPS dial and strip out the digits down to the 4051 (your example looks like 5051 though :) )

The Directory Dial rule only works for AC Console, nothing more. (as far as I know)

So if you want click to call to work from CUPC, create an Application dial rule, then wait about 20 minutes for it to sync from CUCM to CUPS. Then try to have CUPC dial again.

You will not see the DN, you will only see whatever is configured on the CUPS server to LDAP lookup. As mike stated, whatever is in the "Telephone" or "ipPhone" field.

The problem is that i'm not receving anything in the field phone in presence.

I did a print screen of my problem.

see the attachments.

Tks,

Paula

Attchments

People

Now i know what was happening...

in the callmanger -> User Management -> click in the user and you need to have choose the Primary Extension. It was empty.

Now i can log in , i receive my extension but i can't do any call yet.

I try to do the application rule at callmanager, but i am a little confuse about the difference between Apllication Rule and directory lookup rule.

Tks,

Paula

application dial rule is to strip and append digits for outgoing calls. For example, you have 10-digit number in LDAP (408-555-1212), but your extension is 4 digit (1212). You may use ADR to strip the first 6 digits.

directory lookup rule is to do name lookup based on numbers. Same example as above, if you receive a call from 1212, CUPC won't be able to display the caller's name unless you append the first 6 digits with directory lookup rules.

For more details, see:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336

Michael

Application Rule is for Outlook, web dialing, etc Think "applications". The Directory rule is for the Attendant Console only. It has nothing to do with the Corp Directory dialing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: