cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My internal IP address is capture on a particular website.

ayolawrence
Level 1
Level 1

There is this website that always capture the internal IP addresses of my network instead of the public IP address on the outside interface of the PIX firewall.

Please, I need to stop this issue fast. Any suggestion?

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

is your firewall confgure for NAT ?

Yes. the config is below

nat-control

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (inside) 1 172.19.0.0 255.255.0.0

and there is a squid proxy server on network through which all internal hosts must pass through to the internet.

OK - three more questions:-

1) What is the outside interface IP - is it the same IP you see on w*w.whatismyip.com

2) What is the squid proxy sever IP

3) does the squid proxy server default route point to the firewall

HTH>

Answer

1. Yes

2. 172.19.2.226

3. The default route is pointing to the default gateway of the DMZ it's seating. i.e 172.19.2.1.

Then it is working correctly - the internet will see the source IP address of the outside interface IP?

You are natting ALL internal inside IP addresses to the outside interface IP address.

Well if you say so but browsing on this website www.walahi.com which is an online bookshop and while trying to checkout brings out my host local IP instead of the outside interface IP as the case with www.whatismyip.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card