Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

access point problems

i have one access point like AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9, it is rebooting automatically after 10/12 minutes.

So where is the probem,or it is the default feture of that model.

any help is appreciated

THANKS IN ADVANCE

6 Replies 6

carlos.morillo
Level 1
Level 1

Any syslogs available? It could be a number of things...

How is it being powered? via PoE Switch? through a power injector? or a regular power cord?

What information is reported by the controller?

let us know.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If it's PoE make sure the cabling are terminated correctly. I've had several experience like this (and in one case the switch port went into err-disable) and all attributed to faulty cabling.

We had an instance of this and it was the cable length, it was fine for data but for some reason the poe was just out of range on that particular cable length.

We also had it off the injectors sometimes you get a bad one and its current is not stable.

Everyone here has good points.... to add on, if you say that the ap reboots every so often, then I would console into the ap and capture what the logs show prior to reboot. Look at the switch for errors and I would try a different ap, a different injector or a different port... see which one fixes the issue so you can determine what is the cause.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ashok_wipro
Level 1
Level 1

Hej,

Check the country code of the WIRELESS... try to select the country code as your local country. Def u can solve the problem as i did ....

BR

ASHOK

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I noticed that you have a LWAPP version. Do you have a WLC?

If no, you need to convert your AP to Autonomous. In LWAPP mode, if the AP can't find a WLC in the network, it will reboot constantly until it finds one.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: