cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT

mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

I have nat configured but i doubt if my nat is working, this is not in a live environment.

my configs are as follows

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

ip address 192.2.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly

duplex full

speed 100

media-type rj45

no keepalive

!

interface Serial0/0/0

ip address 165.148.120.2 255.255.255.252

ip nat outside

ip virtual-reassembly

no keepalive

!

ip nat inside source list 98 interface Serial0/0/0 overload

!

access-list 98 permit 192.2.1.0 0.0.0.255

!

fair-queue

!

my show ip nat translations shows nothing

4 Replies 4

mszeftawy
Level 1
Level 1

your NATing configuration should work properly,

and the command show ip nat translation will not show anything until a real traffic is NATed.

I have got a traffic generator (N2X) connected. Do you think that wont make any difference?

Lawrence

Why do you have no keepalive configured under the Gig interface and the serial interface? When I see this configured it is typically to deal with some issue on the interface. If there is some issue on the interface then that might be the reason why your NAT is not working.

I agree that I do not see a problem in the way that your NAT is configured and believe that something else is causing the problem with NAT. Are there routing statements that will forward traffic from the Gig interface out the serial interface? If the traffic is not forwarded that way it would certainly prevent NAT from working.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

they were there when I got the router so i did not remove but that is not the problem. when I remove the access-list and use static i get all my conditions ok on the sh ip translations and statistics.

here's how

ip nat inside source static 192.1.1.0 165.148.120.1

or

ip nat inside source static 192.1.1.2 165.148.120.1

Now my worry is seemingly NATing with access-list is not working on these ios Version 12.4(20)T?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: