cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7906 routet

SELOMECIS
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 7609 router with this ios s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF15a.bin but i can not cofigure the communication media module card on it,when i do (card type ? )it gives me error, when i do controller E1 or T1 ? it's still give me error can anyone help.

8 Replies 8

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of module do you have? SIP/SPA or FlexWAN?

Some of the modules requires SR code instead of SX code in the 7600.

HTH,

__

Edison.

here is the module (WS-SVC-CMM-6E1) and the IOS VERSION IS (

Version 12.2(18)SXF15a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) ANY HELL

Hi,

The Communication Media Module is for voice PRI/CT1/CE1 only, cannot be use with data T1/E1's. The CMM has its own IOS, and for the 6500/7600 with native IOS, you have to do session slot processor 0 to access the CMM.

Please see the following URL for more info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xy/archive/gtcmm.html#wp1229552

HTH,

jerry

Thanks u very much for ur help now i configured the E1 and it's working but im still having one problem,any time i restarted the router it went to Rommon mode and i needto connet the consloe and boot with the ios on the disk.any help

Hi,

Just want to understand which module is going into ROMMON? You should check the config-reg value, for a normal IOS for 7600/6500 or CMM, it should be set to 0x2102. You can verify it by using show version .

To change it:

conf t

config-register 0x2102

HTH,

jerry

the config-register is 02102,but i dont know why is going to rommon mode,the 2 modules always go to rommon mode when i restart the router.

What is the part number that always go into ROMMON?

I find the solution,the problem was the IOS is on the flash disk i slot in the router and i did not point the boot system flash tothe disk that's why,thanks very i enjoy usint this discussion forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: