cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7906 routet

SELOMECIS
Level 1
Level 1

i have a 7609 router with this ios s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF15a.bin but i can not cofigure the communication media module card on it,when i do (card type ? )it gives me error, when i do controller E1 or T1 ? it's still give me error can anyone help.

8 Replies 8

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of module do you have? SIP/SPA or FlexWAN?

Some of the modules requires SR code instead of SX code in the 7600.

HTH,

__

Edison.

here is the module (WS-SVC-CMM-6E1) and the IOS VERSION IS (

Version 12.2(18)SXF15a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) ANY HELL

Hi,

The Communication Media Module is for voice PRI/CT1/CE1 only, cannot be use with data T1/E1's. The CMM has its own IOS, and for the 6500/7600 with native IOS, you have to do session slot processor 0 to access the CMM.

Please see the following URL for more info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xy/archive/gtcmm.html#wp1229552

HTH,

jerry

Thanks u very much for ur help now i configured the E1 and it's working but im still having one problem,any time i restarted the router it went to Rommon mode and i needto connet the consloe and boot with the ios on the disk.any help

Hi,

Just want to understand which module is going into ROMMON? You should check the config-reg value, for a normal IOS for 7600/6500 or CMM, it should be set to 0x2102. You can verify it by using show version .

To change it:

conf t

config-register 0x2102

HTH,

jerry

the config-register is 02102,but i dont know why is going to rommon mode,the 2 modules always go to rommon mode when i restart the router.

What is the part number that always go into ROMMON?

I find the solution,the problem was the IOS is on the flash disk i slot in the router and i did not point the boot system flash tothe disk that's why,thanks very i enjoy usint this discussion forum.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card