cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP problem

moses12315
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 routers point-to-point subinterfaces Frame Relay. On both EIGRP is running. I faced the following problem recently.

The hub router did not received any routes from the spoke router. We figured out that the WAN link probaply did not let multiaccess traffic to pass through it since all other traffic was passing ok but the routes (since EIGRP uses multiaccess traffic(224.0.0.10)for updates)were not learned from the hub router. We configured tunneling on both routers and now it's ok.

Is it possible the Telco company for a reason to forbit multiaccess traffic between two nodes?

Is there another problem that we did not think about it?

Thanks a lot

Moses

8 Replies 8

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Moses

Your post tells that the hub router did not receive routes from the spoke but does not say whether the routers successfully established a neighbor relationship. If you do show ip eigrp neighbor on each router does it see the other router as a neighbor? That would be an important thing to know in analyzing this problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Actually Rick hub router established a neighborship with the spoke router on the directly connected interface between them . The route to the directly connected interface is known by the hub router but not the ethernet(LAN) interface on the spoke router.

Thanks a lot

Moses

In case you might ask network command is ok and no access-lists are configured.

Moses

Thank you for the information. It would be helpful if you would post the config of both routers and the output of show ip interface brief.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dear Rick

Pls fing in attach the basic configuration. I hope this is enought.

Thanks for your time.

Moses

Moses

Thank you for the additional information. I have a question about the output that you sent. The output of show ip interface brief from the spoke does not show the FastEthernet interface. I can not tell whether that represents a problem with the interface (which might impact advertising the interface) or whether it is a problem with your cut and paste. If we do not get complete and accurate information it is very difficult to identify the problem.

You have provided the configuration of the interfaces but not the configuration of EIGRP which will be important in understanding the issue here. Please add the complete configuration of EIGRP on both routers to the config and repost it.

It would also be helpful if you would include the output of show ip eigrp topology 10.0.54.1 255.255.255.0 from the hub router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick thanks a lot . You will have everything tomorrow.

Moses.

Peter010101
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like a split-horizon issue on the hub.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card