This mail is regarding ACE configuration issue.
Please find some info on the setup & the lists of task that we tried to encounter the issue.
1. We have ACE 4710 configured in Bridge mode. ACE 2 interfaces connected with Core Switch. One interface in VLAn 10 (client vlan) & the other in VLAN 100 (server vlan).
2. Only one L3 VLAN 10 is configured in core switch. IN ACE L2 VLAN 10 & 100 is configured for bridging purpose.
3. VLAN 10: Client VLAN
4. VLAn 100: Server VLAN
5. Both of these VLAN's have same IP addressing.
6. There are 2 Cisco Blade Enclosures (Enc1 & Enc 2) connected to Core Switch (4507) in Trunk mode. From individual Enc there are 2 cables connected with core switch.
7. In every Enc there are 8 ports which all in VLAN 100. In every Enc there are 2 blade switches among which 1 is standby & the other active.
8. Please find the IP's for these blade switches.
9. There are 2 APP & 2 Staging servers which are in VLAN 10 where as 2 DB servers are in VLAN 100 (all have same VLAN 10 IP)
Intermittently, connection from APP server to DB server takes more time (near about 10 seconds). In Ideal condition. it gets connected instantly using SQLPLUS.
Tasks Carried Out:
A. Enabled "Normalization in client vlan 10 in ACE". After enabling this parameter, the frequency of intermittent login to DB from APP got reduced (it is still enabled).
B. Enabled "TCP-Buffer-Share", "TCP-ACK-DELAY","PM-CON-MSS-SET" but it increased the intermittent access frequency so disabled.
C. Sniffed packets. On some occasion it was found from Sniffer that packets received at Client VLAN & in Server VLAN has different TCP sessions for a "similar instance".
Attached docs as follows:
1. ACE config (only normalization enabled on Client & Server VLAN 10 & 100 respectively).
9. SOW FOR LAOD BALANCERS
Any help on this will be