cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AbbrDial missing even when offhook

tbrokaw
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that is is not a configurable option on the soft key templates. I go into ccmuser page and I configure abbreviated dials. I have them in my Personal address book and well as fast dials. I even reset my phone. When I take it off-hook I am not seeing the abbrdial button showing up even after dialing a single digit....

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

I believe ABBRDIAL only shows up when dialing "On Hook"

Hope this helps!

Rob

You are correct, I have only seen it work where the headset is onhook; you press whatever number say "5" that you programmed your number as (5=9725551212). So when you press 5 you'll see a softkey that says AbbrDial (usually 3rd key from left), pick up the handset and the call goes out to your party. HTH's

drubery
Level 1
Level 1

The AbbrDial soft key will not show up if the phone is on speaker, off hook or in headset mode off hook. It only shows up when on hook and a number key on the phone has been pressed. Rubes

Hi -

I just discovered CUCM 7.1 supports offhook abbreviated dialing for transfers, conferencing, new call etc. - requires specific phone load 8.5(2). Here is the link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_2/english/release/notes/7900_852.html#wp158457

Ginger

Hey Ginger,

Nice find my friend! +5 points for this great detective work.

Cheers!

Rob