cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AbbrDial missing even when offhook

tbrokaw
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that is is not a configurable option on the soft key templates. I go into ccmuser page and I configure abbreviated dials. I have them in my Personal address book and well as fast dials. I even reset my phone. When I take it off-hook I am not seeing the abbrdial button showing up even after dialing a single digit....

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tom,

I believe ABBRDIAL only shows up when dialing "On Hook"

Hope this helps!

Rob

You are correct, I have only seen it work where the headset is onhook; you press whatever number say "5" that you programmed your number as (5=9725551212). So when you press 5 you'll see a softkey that says AbbrDial (usually 3rd key from left), pick up the handset and the call goes out to your party. HTH's

drubery
Level 1
Level 1

The AbbrDial soft key will not show up if the phone is on speaker, off hook or in headset mode off hook. It only shows up when on hook and a number key on the phone has been pressed. Rubes

Hi -

I just discovered CUCM 7.1 supports offhook abbreviated dialing for transfers, conferencing, new call etc. - requires specific phone load 8.5(2). Here is the link - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_2/english/release/notes/7900_852.html#wp158457

Ginger

Hey Ginger,

Nice find my friend! +5 points for this great detective work.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: