cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded AP1231G still has old MGMT interface - issues connecting

bmeegan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a stand alone AP (Air-AP1231G-E-K9) which is not lightweight, or connected to a WLC, its a simple config with a Radio and Management interface.

The IOS was previously running c1200-k9w7-mx.122-13.JA1, so I upgraded the IOS to c1200-k9w7-mx.123-8.JA2 (Similar to some other working AP's I have), however there are problems with clients connecting to the AP, they doesn't see the AP.The configs on working and non-working AP's are identical (apart from IP's) and the only difference I can find is the web management interface screen which is different.There are more options on the newer working AP's with the new version of code and newer management interface,,, the AP I've upgraded has an older looking web management interface.

If i want to upgrade the files on the new AP to have the new Management interface over http working, what do I need to do, where do I get the files from, and what do I need to replace on the new AP along with the latest IOS to be able to configue this and hopefully get it working?

Thanks,

Brian

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It all should be upgraded from the one IOS load. You could try uploading the newer load and see if it fixes. I generally prefer to do these from the CLI:

archive download-sw /f /o tftp:///

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that,so there must be another problem if the web mgmt interface did not upgrade during the new ios install (which was through the cli).is there a quick way to flush the old code + other directories on the AP's so I can try the IOS upgrade again from my tftp server?

Regards,

Brian

the command I gave you, clears the IOS from memory, and then puts the new image on,

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card