cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to telnet from CISCO ASA 5505

tititech2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco asa 5505 that is setup as the ssh server. I am able to access it without any problem.

Once connected to the ASA 5505, I would like to telnet to my old terminal server 2509 that doesn't support ssh.

How to telnet a device FROM cisco asa 5505?

16 Replies 16

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

You cannot initiate telnet session from any ASA/PIX firewall, you will have to allow straigh telnet access from outside to inside towards the 2509 server.

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks -

That is what I am doing right now. But I don't feel secure accessing my home lab using telnet.

Is there a workaround for me to access the 2509 securely with asa?

I am assuming that you have a switch. How about ssh to the switch and from the switch telnet to the 2509?

Thanks - I am going to try it.

But, Is that possible to forward port 22 to a switch with cisco asa?

I'd have to try it myself. But how about setting up a VPN session? It will be more secure.

Vpn traffics are block at my workplace.

I am able to vpn to my home lab from starbuxx but not at my workplace. Ssh and telnet are the only open ports i find so far.

I want to connect to my home lab from work because I have some free time that I would like to invest to get my CCNP certification.

If IPSec vpn is blocked. SSL vpn should work fine. refer to my post below.

I agree with Keven's idea, I would be surprised SSL be block at your work place, if from your work you are allow internet banking most likely they allow ssl , so configure webvpn in your asa5505 and you can prety much access all your inside resources through webvpn.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks -

I am now able to webvpn to the asa but I can't figure out how to telnet from the webvpn to my terminal server.

I need some help -

Thanks,

I am using the Cisco ASA 5500 Series adaptive security appliance, Version 8.0 and the webvpn homepage doesn't have the link for "application access". as described in the cisco doc.

You can contact me by email (tititech@gmail.com">tititech@gmail.com) and I will give you access to my lab.

Sorry, busy right now. You can try ver 8 document. You should see "application access" after you enable "port forwarding"..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/webvpn.html#wp1291474

Thanks for the new link - I am going to try it - I will let know about the result.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: