Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Per IP Phone translation pattern

Hi every one,

I recently tried to do a translation pattern per IP Phone or per User on Cisco CallManager and it seems that it's not possible in my point of view (not like CCME) however if one of you think it's possible so let discuss it :)

Kindly

Seifeddine Tlili

8 Replies 8

SO... anyone want to share his idea about that :) thanks

You could create a different partition and calling search space for each phone. Then create a translation pattern that you want to do for each phone.

Then, just add the translation pattern into the partition for each phone, and change the CSS of each phone so that it is the only one that is able to reach the translation pattern.

What's the application you're trying to do this for?

-nick

Thanks , this idea comes through my mind but the translation pattern have to be unique :) since i wanna have different pattern that match the same number or Pattern 9.! and then apply my Called number translation but it doesn't work this way !!

My goal is i have Four FXO and i setup 4 different dial-peer pots that go goes through each one with a different detination-pattern, then i create a Route Pattern on the CCM to match 9.! however my focus is to let each of these guys to dil 9 and then it depends on theire profile it will be translated into 91.T to reach port 1 or 92 to reach port 2

well, it's doable. but far from being something manageable. there is no hard limit on the amount of TPs you can create other than the HDD because each one creates entries in the DB

i was going to suggest using wildcards but you mention they have to be unique.

in the end it would depend on how many you need and if there is a way to summarize them

my 2 cents

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

Why don't you configure the ports with MGCP, and then do something like this:

FXO1: Route pattern 9.!, partition 1

Gateway: AALN/S0/SU0/DS0-0@gateway

FXO2: Route pattern 9.!, partition 2

Gateway: AALN/S0/SU0/DS0-1@gateway

CSS 1: partitions 1

CSS 2: partitions 2

Phone 1: CSS 1

Phone 2: CSS 2

You can also do this with translation patterns in different partitions, but it may be a bit more work.

-nick

thanks :) i have tried the translation pattern but the problem is since i have to match 9.! ands then translated to 91.! or 92.! so i will have a problem :) since i only can create one Translation pattern with the pattern 9.! i have tried this :) and was thinking the same but desperately it doesn't work thanks.

You should be able to do this with MGCP with the method above, though. I think H323 may run into that problem.

-nick

If you wanted to send certain extensions out certain ports here is via H323here is how you would accomplish.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801c0a88.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: