Views
Helpful
Replies

other devices cant connect to WLAN

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Im having a problem on my wlan, laptop and desktop can connect to my wlan without any problem. But i was wondering why the other probes like Sony PSP, WLAN camera are having some issue when connecting to wlan. It always saying connection failed. Even without defining security on my SSID, the client cant connect. My WLC version is 4112 and AP 1020

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks,

Jong

4 Replies 4

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

Please help me here.

Thanks,

Jong

A lot of the newer devices out there like a PsP have some preamble issues. Have you tried both long and short preamble? Also bear in mind that the 1020 is a much older chipset. Also check and see which data rates you are currently supporting and I would suggest going to the latest version of code that supports the 1000 series. I think that was 4.0 but not sure.

I tried to use long and short preamble but still doesnt work. Do i need to upgrade my WLC software version?

You cant upgrade past 4.1 with 1000 series APs the MIBs for those APs dont exist in the later versions of code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: