cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.x DTMF_ACCESS_ID

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

What is the dtmf access ID and why is it mandatory when importing users from AD ? When I attempt to import users, it rejects stating no dtmf access id. The script asks how to generate it, based off the phone number. This customer does not yet have phone numbers entered in AD, therefore no access id generated, and no imports. Anyone know how to get around this ?

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dave,

This is a required field that is checked upon user creation/import. As far as I'm aware, there is no way around it other than to assign one or have it exist in AD prior to import. Someone else may want to weigh in on this one as well.

Brad

DTMF_ACCESS_ID = Extension = DN

it's mandatory to assign an extension when creating/importing a unity subscriber, use dummy DNs or wait until they add the DNs

there's no way around this

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks, it's what i feared, gotta tell the customer tomorrow they have to enter a dn for every employee in the enterprise before I can import them...that will go over like a lead balloon I am sure ..

thanks again everyone,

-d

You could optionally import from a .csv file (instead of Active Directory) which includes the users alias and directory number. If the aliases in the .csv file match the users alias in AD, Unity will create new subscribers that are linked to their existing AD accounts instead of creating new AD accounts.

This is just an option and it would probably be easier to update a .csv file with extension numbers than it would be to update each user account in AD.

Just a thought. You could create a .csv file with just one user to give it a test run.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: