Just passed CCNA now on to CCNP....which path?

Answered Question
Feb 12th, 2009

I wanted some thoughts on the CCNP path. I took the one test for CCNA not the two separate exams and was wondering if that would be the best for CCNP and take the 642-892 composite or take 642-901 and 642-812 separately?

Mike

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jgreenwoodii about 7 years 9 months ago

I believe the composite exam is for those who already possess the CCNP and have to recertify. For new CCNP candidates you have to take all 4 exams.

HTH

Jonathan

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Sachin.bhamra Thu, 02/12/2009 - 13:02

Hi Mike,

Firstly congrats on the pass, we all know how tough it is to pass the CCNA especially when you're new to Cisco.

For the CCNP I would advice going for the seperate exams (BCMSN and BSCI) as it will test your knowledge greatly for each subject and give you the opportunity to concentrate more on each subject.

Also, depending on where you want to go after the CCNA, whether its Voice or Security, if you choose to go for Voice after then make the ONT exam your last exam. If its Security you choose, then do the ISCW for the final.

Good luck

Correct Answer
jgreenwoodii Thu, 02/12/2009 - 15:11

I believe the composite exam is for those who already possess the CCNP and have to recertify. For new CCNP candidates you have to take all 4 exams.

HTH

Jonathan

Actions

This Discussion