Helpful
Replies

CWA038: End Host / IP Phone workflow does not support the version of Campus

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CiscoWorks Assistant 1.1.0

Campus Manager 5.1.1

Trying to rediscover an End Host PC via CWA because UT reports it as 10/full even though it's in fact 100/full.

I keep getting the following. What does it mean?

CWA038: End Host / IP Phone workflow does not support the version of Campus Manager installed.

You have installed an unsupported version of Campus Manager.

Install the correct version of Campus Manager. See User Guide for CiscoWorks Assistant for the supported Campus Manager version.

I've run an acquisition against the switch it's on. That finishes in a flash with UTMajorAcquisiton showing "transient terminated".

Here's my acquisition scheduled

Minor Acquisition

Interval 120 minutes

Major Acquisition

Showing 1-2 of 2 records

Days Hour Min

1. Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat 0 0

2. Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat 12 0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue. It is the product of two bugs (CSCsw35439 and CSCsv59291). Fixes are available by contacting the TAC.

As for the UT problem, Data Collection must have determined the port is 10/full. Check the ifSpeed via SNMP and the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml. If the port is set to autoneg, you may need to run a new Campus Data Collection so that it finds the new negotiated speed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue. It is the product of two bugs (CSCsw35439 and CSCsv59291). Fixes are available by contacting the TAC.

As for the UT problem, Data Collection must have determined the port is 10/full. Check the ifSpeed via SNMP and the NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/portsData.xml. If the port is set to autoneg, you may need to run a new Campus Data Collection so that it finds the new negotiated speed.

Thanks. Here's the ifSpeed of 5/12 and 5/13. Is this a CatOS 8.4(4) bug?

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.529 : Gauge32: 100000000

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifSpeed.530 : Gauge32: 10000000

5/12 connected vlan### a-full a-100 10/100/1000

5/13 connected vlan### a-full a-100 10/100/1000

Assuming that ifIndex 530 points to 5/13, this does look like a bug. However, I could not find an existing bug for this.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: