cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP 7921G phone received calls all the same

gonzalezel
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 7921 wireless phones that our helpdesk uses. In the Received calls when you select ALL it has the same number for all 99 records that it keeps. Has anyone seen this before? I've rebooted the phone Thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Efrain,

Just a guess here my friend :) But is it possible that your Helpdesk has a listed number that resides on a "front end" like a CTI-RP or even a IP Phone with Call Forward All to the 7921's. This way all the calls to the Helpdesk would be routing via this front end and the 7921's would show this number as the Incoming CLID for all calls.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I tested it yesterday and I cleared the received calls records and called it from my desk. Now the received calls record shows my name and extension 99 times. Its a weird deal because only those helpdesk phones are doing it. We have others that don't have this problem.

Hi Efrain,

That's a weird one for sure! Can you please tell us the Firmware these 7921's are running? I'll have a look for a related bug.

Cheers!

Rob

That is a bug that is fixed in code 1.3(2) for the 7921. The bug originates from upgrading the phone firmware from 1.0.x to 1.1.1 and above.

ok thank you I will try that. currenty the phone is on firware load 1.2.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: