cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I connect both TCCP cards to the LAN?

MATTHEW BECK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I cannot find this in the documentation anywhere so I apologize if this is rather simple. How do I connect both TCCP cards of 15454 to the LAN? I know the cards have a hub between them so plugging them both into a single switch (or multiple switches) will cause spanning tree problems. Is there a way to connect them both to the LAN simultaneously so that if one fails, the other is available for management access?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Matt

3 Replies 3

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can always connect using the wire-wrap pins on the rear of the chassis. This way if one card fails you still have connection to the LAN.

Michael Dooley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are LAN Wirewrap pins on the rear that can be used OR you can plug into the LAN port on the front of either TCC card. Since there is an internal hub, any of the three connections will allow you to be connected to the "Active" TCC card.

MATTHEW BECK
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind. I wasn't thinking. If I'm attaching a hub or switch to a switch, I just have to let spanning-tree block one port. If that port fails, spanning tree can transition the other port to forwarding. I was so focused on making this a host/access port I forgot my other options.

Thanks for the feedback about craft ports too.

Matt