Hello,

I need advice on how to setup DMVPN for the following scenario

DataCenter#1

DataCenter#2

Branch-Office#1

Branch-Office#2

Branch-Office#3

DC#1 is connected to DC#2 via MPLS using BGP

BO#1 is connected to DC#1 with GRE Tunnel over IPSEC (( Routing protocol OSPF at both sides ))

I dont know how to configure BO#1 to establish GRE TUNNEL over IPSEC with DC#2 and send traffic only when connection is lost with DC#1

Failover Scenario for GRE-Tunnel Over IPSEC for Branch-Office Setup.

DC#1 and DC#2 have 3840 Router and 6MB Internet Link

and

branch office have 2800 Router and 2MB Internet Link

Can someone please assist with a cisco doc link for similar scenario or sample working config...

4 Replies 4

JamesLuther
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

The answer depends on if you're runnnig a routing protocol and which routing protocol you're runnning.

From the branch office then all you need to do is route traffic to Tunnel1 interface to send traffic to DC#1 and the Tunnel2 interface for DC#2.

To make this dynamic then you need to either put a floating static pointing towards Tunnel2 (ie static route with a higher admin distance), or run a routing protocol back to your DCs and control the routing that way.

Thanks

Hi,

A floating static config would be something like this

ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 Tunnel1 1.1.1.1

ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 Tunnel2 2.2.2.2 250

Where

10.0.0.0 is the DC Network

Tunnel1 is GRE tunnel to DC#1

Tunnel1 is GRE tunnel to DC#2

250 = Admin distance of floating static

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry I just noticed that you siad you're running OSPF from the BO to the DC.

In that case just setup OSPF to DC2 in the same way as DC1 and add "ip ospf cost 500" to the tunnel interface to DC2

Thanks

Thanks for the information.

How to configure Branch-Office for DC#2 with minimum configuration

Can you help with Cisco-Doc-Link for Scenario where its 2HUBS and Multiple spokes using GRE with IPSEC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: