cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a Voice Gateway to CM that doesn't match the actual moduel

elvinliang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer who has a very old vesion of CM and they are not planning to upgrade very soon since they are building a seperate IPT system. they bought a 3845 and want to add it to the old CM ( version 3.3 (3))however , the verson 3.3(3) dosent support 3845 and it has to go with 3.3(5), they just want to use this VG for a couple of weeks. I am just wondering if anyone has done that you adding a 3745/25 instead of the real 3845. would that work? any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is a reason you need to select the right model because MGCP packets are binded to a model

use H323 for the GW if you need to use it

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is a reason you need to select the right model because MGCP packets are binded to a model

use H323 for the GW if you need to use it

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Elvin,

You may be able to do this. The reason CUCM does this is so that it can format the MGCP messages in the proper format.

If you have a T1 on 0/0/0, you should be able to get this to work as long as CUCM still THINKS it's on 0/0/0. All ports MUST share the same x/x/x or x/x notation. This can work if you can get it to work like that.

-nick

Hi, guys thanks for the input,I did a quick try this morning. the problem is on 3845, the T1 is on 1/0/0 and when I chose 3745 from CUCM, the mgp is on 1/0, SO the MGCP points doesnt match. that's why the gateway can't register to cucm, my question is is there a way I could fool cucm that the format is 1/0/0 not 1/0, Thanks

As far as I know the answer is no. Really in this situation I recommend using a h323 gateway. It is supported in all version of CM and it doesn't matter the model of router. This is highly recommended in your case and will save you problems down the road with a rigged solution. At least in this case by using the h323 it is not rigged.

also as an advice, i already recommended H323 and the reason is we won't support this in case of troubles.

we'll have you switch to H323 or to upgrade to support the router model.

HTH

java

HTH

java