Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 and N-HOP view

aryanadonis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When we access CM from functional window to see N-HOP, it boost my cpu usage of client machine so high that i cant do anything else and it freezes my computer.

But when I see the Solaris server cpu, it does not hikes so much and stays normal.

My solaris has 6GB of ram and my pc has 1GB. We have 300 in LMS and around 21000+ end hosts.

I have tried different PC as well, but no help.

Please suggest !

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The N-Hop view (as well as all portlets) run on the client in the web browser. N-Hop view is only designed to view a small subset of devices. I wouldn't recommend anymore than 20 on the screen.

Thanks,

So could it be the reason that it is consuming whole cpu and taking a lot of time to load when displaying all 300 devcies.

How do I restrict n-hop to have just 10-20 devices.

Absolutely. That is WAY too many devices for N-Hop View. Use N-Hop view to view your most critical set of devices. Absolutely no more than 30.

Thanks,

But I dont see any option to restrict the device numbers.

You have to reduce the hop count to keep the device count down. For example, a hop count of 1, will only show a device's directly connect neighbors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: