Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 windows server spec clarification

dlongworth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a LMS3.1 standalone install with all applications, on windows and followed the prerequisites according to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/install/guide/prereq.html

However, upon install it requested 8G RAM, 16G swap.

Is this because of the evaluation HUM that comes with the upgrade disk?

Cheers

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The 4 and 8 are for a standalone system (i.e. one application on the machine). The 8 and 16 is for a solution server (i.e. all of the applications installed on the same server).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What license do you have? How many devices will this server be managing? Will you be using HUM on this server?

Sorry Joe,

5000 devices.

Probably not going to use HUM unless the customer likes it. We were about to disable it anyway, in case it was causing any issues.

We've also been having issues with device inventory collection and I was going to reinstall.

For 5000 devices, the minimum requirements are 8 GB of RAM with 16 GB of swap, and a 4-CPU system. This will allow you to run all applications on one server. This assumes that HUM will not be used.

Thx for that Joe but where is this listed? What I'm looking at says different (4G/8G 2CPU)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/install/guide/prereq.html

Am I misreading it?

The 4 and 8 are for a standalone system (i.e. one application on the machine). The 8 and 16 is for a solution server (i.e. all of the applications installed on the same server).

Aha! There's my mistake.

Thx very much Joe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: