Views
Helpful
Replies

RME syslog automated action

jayshihlin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a strange issue on the syslog automate action. For some reason the From address got altered (was ciscoworks@compnayabc.com) to prvs=CiscoWorks=2877cdda2@companyabc.com. So I double check the CiscoWorks Email ID: Common Services -> Server -> System Preferences and it still showing ciscoworks@companyabc.com

So I am very puzzled because I have outlook rule setup to redirect ciscoworks@compnayabc.com as sender.

Any suggestions are great appreciates.

Best Regards,

=J=

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like Exchange's doing. I highly doubt LMS is doing this, but you can check by starting a sniffer trace filtering all TCP port 25 traffic between the LMS server and your SMTP server. Then, generate a syslog which will trigger this automated action. Then check the sniffer trace to see what LMS is sending to the SMTP server.

Thanks again for promptly respond! That is great suggestion and I will take a sniff and see the packet.

Thanks again!

=J=

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: