I need upto 150 feet cable for 1310 bridge

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009
User Badges:

For 1310 bridge AIR-CAB100DRG6-F part number is available of length 100 feet.My need is 150 feet.But I guess 150 feet not available from cisco (I dont want custom made).

I saw that AIR-CAB150ULL-R is available from cisco for 150 feet.Can I use these cables in place of AIR-CAB100DRG6-F ?

will there be any issues because the same cables will be used to supply power to 1310 unit and for data also.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 3.8 (4 ratings)
Rob Huffman Fri, 02/13/2009 - 06:43
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

  • Cisco Designated VIP,

    2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Abdul,

Sadly this cable won't work as it has the wrong connector "ends". You need "F" type connectors and this has the "RP-TNC" connector.

AIR-CAB150ULL-R Interconnect 150-ft ultra low loss cable, one RP-TNC


You may be able to get the proper ends installed by a cable re-seller :)

Hope this helps!


contact_abdul Fri, 02/13/2009 - 20:12
User Badges:

Hi Rob,

Is there way to convert RP-TNC Connector into F type ?

Suppose if the connector was not an issue then technically this cable was helpful??

(I mean signal and data ) ok?

thnx in advance.

Anyway I have planned to put a weather plastic box around 1 foot away from the antena/device on the mounting pole. And I will pull cat 5 utp cable and 220 volts or 110 volts power supply electric cable to the roof of the building to the weather proof box.Inside box will be power supply,power injector. :)

At the other point/building I will install the device inside the data center.I will install the device at the glass window.(Because from data center till roof at this end is 50 meters long.For this length cisco does not make cables sadly).

Unfortunately I dont find any PROFESSIONAL custom made cable guys (I mean professional guys here in my city , Jeddah, KSA).So there is business opportunity for others for this city :).


ONE MAIN QUESTION:Will there be too much or partial signal loss when waves will pass through glass window??

ericgarnel Fri, 02/13/2009 - 07:09
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

I believe that part is for an LMR type cable to extend an antenna.

If you look at the url for the injector:


and the ordering guide:


You will find the info you need.

GregL Fri, 02/13/2009 - 07:10
User Badges:

abdul: the 1st thing I see with that suggestion is the AIR-CAB100DRG6-F Is a dual Rg6 with F style connectors and the AIR-CAB150ULL-R is a Loss Cable Assembly with RP-TNC connectors on it.

For the 1310 you need (F-Type connectors)


Here is the installation guide:


Also I found this for you: you can figure out what the max distance you can run with your coax and then contact a cable supply store and have them make you one that length: I know you said you didnt want custom made but I dont find a 150' with F ends from Cisco. I also enclosing the link to the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series Outdoor Autonomous Access Point/Bridge Mounting Instructions it has some valuable information in it.


Hope this helps

scottmac Fri, 02/13/2009 - 20:43
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

Greg, Eric:

Good answers .... +5 each.


This Discussion



Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode