Alert on single handset unregistered ?

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009

I know there is an e-mail alert configured in RTMT to trigger when registered handsets drop by x%

However, I need to configure an alert when any single device is unregistered. As I have 700+ devices, setting an alert on "1%" unregistered is not sensitive enough. Setting the alert to "0%" seems to make the default setting if "10%" apply.

I've got a problem with handsets going missing. For the short-term I wanted notification if any are disconnected. I understand that in the long term, alerts like this would be too overwhelming and that the alerts in RTMT are to identify significant service issues, but have a short-term requirement to monitor this closely.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Fri, 02/13/2009 - 07:42

a message is logged in the app log when a phone un-registers.

if it happens you can simply look at it and it'll have device, time, reason code, etc

if this helps, please rate

ajenks Tue, 02/17/2009 - 03:36

Thanks Java, but this is 6.1, so it's not a windows server. I assume there is equivalent log in 6.1 aswell - but I wanted real-time alert (like an e-mail). I need to detect this condition quickly, rather than review logs on a regular basis.

If this was a Windows platform, I might be able to find something that would trawl the event logs and generate an SMTP alert, but not sure where to start on this platform.

This Discussion