Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to forward calls to unity mailbox: Hunt Pilot config

ra_jeshkalra_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I created a hunt pilot, 9100 with the members 9112,9115,9116.

I want the call to be forwarded to be 9112 voice mail box in unity if no member answers or busy.

In the hunt pilot config: I give <unity profile number> as destination for 'forward hunt no answer'.

In unity in the subscriber config for 9112, I give 9100 as alternate extn.

So, when a caller calls and no one answers, call is reaching unity with source ,caller CLID> and destination 9100.

But seems unity is not finding 9100, and gives opening greating and disconnects the call instead of allowing to leave voicemail for 9112.

Q1.Any suggestions, why is this so?

Q2.Is it possible if 9112 goes for break, he forwards all his calls to another outside extn(outside hunt group)?So far this doesn't work!!

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rajesh,

For Question #1 - Is 9100 the actual number that is dialed by callers to reach the Hunt group? In the Hunt Pilot Forwarding you set this should be the Unity Pilot #.

For Question #2 - You have to keep in mind that the Call Forward setting on Line Group Member DN's is ignored if the call has routed via the Hunt Pilot setup. So this is why your 9112 Forward doesn't work.

Have a look;

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp107892

Hope this helps!

Rob

Just and FYI - Attendant Console Hunt Groups follow a different set of rules. They use the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones. They only hunt based on if the line is busy and if not, they will utilize the phones Call Forward settings.

Mike

Hi,

Can We use pilot point->hunt Group->IP Phones DN for this purpose, without using the Attendant console sw on the PCs.

thanks

YEs for Q#1 , 9100 is actual number dialed by callers to reach hunt group.

YEs I set the i.e. unity pilot.

The problem noticed in unity call viewer.

When the hunt pilot forwards call to VM(assuming no member answers or is busy), it shows the "dialed number as 9100", and says "opening greeting is not available and disconnects the call".

>>also do I need to set alternate extension as 9100 on VM..

how can I make 9100 to be recognised in unity, but the call to go to 9112 Voicemail box?

Pls suggest.

thanks

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

You can use the call routing rules in unity to send the call to the subscriber. It works really well in this situation. If you have the direct transfer to voicemail enabled on your system. For example *9112 will transfer a call directly to VM, then in the huntgroup configuraiton you can setup call forward noan/busy to *9112 and it will do the same thing. There are multiple ways to accomplish the same results. It all depends the best method that fits you. As mentioned the CFA enabled on a member is ignored in a hunt group configuration.

Hi Kelvin,

1.where is direct transfer to voicemail is it on unity on CCM?

2.*9112 will transfer a directly to VM>>Is this on CCM

I see the dialed in number in unity call viewer is *9100 >>> since 9100 is not in VM, it says "opening greeting is not available & them disconnects the call".

pls suggest.

thanks

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, I would try setting up 9100 as an Alternate Extension under 9112.

Hope this helps!

Rob

to accommodate this u can create a dummy cti route point for cfwd to unity and created a mail box for this dummy cti route point in unity.

assigned this dummy cti route point DN to call fwd no answer and busy in hunt pilot.

my bad this cannot be done. both hunt pilot and vm box can have same extension only.