Helpful
Replies

All my outlook emails are seen as voice messages

rdianat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unity 5.0(1)

When I press "messages" button on my 7941 phone it says you have 157 messages, while I only have 1 voice message. I do not want the unity to see and report on number of emails but only see and report my voice messages. How can I achieve this?

Thanks,

rdianat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct, the previous options I mentioned only affect the number of messages announced when you login. If you want to disable the ability for a subscriber to actually play back emails via Text to Speech (TTS), you will need to disable this in the Subscribers Class of Service (COS).

An administrator can do this in the SA by assigning a subscriber to a new COS that does not have TTS enabled, or update their assigned COS to not include TTS.

From SA-->Subscribers --> Profile you can identify/change which COS the subscriber is assigned to.

From COS --> Features uncheck the box "Text to Speech for e-mail messages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Message counts can be configured per subscriber by the Cisco Unity Administrator in the SA, or by the subscriber in the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (CPCA).

From SA --> Subscribers --> Conversation Menu, you have the following options:

For New Messages Play

Message count totals

Voice message counts

E-mail message counts

Fax counts

For Saved Messages Play

Message count totals

From CPCA --> Unity Assistant --> Preferences --> Phone Menu, you have the following options:

For New Messages Play

Message count totals

Voice message counts

E-mail message counts

Fax counts

For Saved Messages Play

Message count totals

Hi cmcalpin,

Thanks for your reply. the number of message counts helps but do you know how can I prevent unity from reading emails at all. In the menu which you show, I can only move down or up but can not choose what type of message to be played. I only want the voice messages to be played and nothing else. Is this possible?

Thanks,

You are correct, the previous options I mentioned only affect the number of messages announced when you login. If you want to disable the ability for a subscriber to actually play back emails via Text to Speech (TTS), you will need to disable this in the Subscribers Class of Service (COS).

An administrator can do this in the SA by assigning a subscriber to a new COS that does not have TTS enabled, or update their assigned COS to not include TTS.

From SA-->Subscribers --> Profile you can identify/change which COS the subscriber is assigned to.

From COS --> Features uncheck the box "Text to Speech for e-mail messages.

cmcalpin,

Excellent! This is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for your help.

rdianat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: