ACS View 4.0 attribute problem

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009

Hello,

I'm currently testing the ACS View 4.0 in a VMWare Environment.

I've added 2 ACS servers who are already in production thus generate enough syslog messages.

The problem is that the ACS Views requires a lot of mandatory attributes that are not generated by my ACS-servers. This results that the syslog messages are dropped by the ACS View Software and so the ACS View cannot make reports of it.

I can see that if I check the server status page. There I have the red cross on the logs which means "Mandatory Attributes Not Received".

For example: the "Bypass_Info" is mandatory, although it contains only info if MAC Auth Bypass is used. Otherwhise, the ACS does not send this attribute in the syslog (although it is configured to be sent so I would expect the ACS would send it with an empty value, like: Bypass_Info=)

Another example is the Athor_Failure_Code which never contains a value on my ACS logs (I can see it in the internal CVS logs that it's empty).

Does anyone know how I should make it work?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bert.lefevre Thu, 02/19/2009 - 23:08

Hi carenas123, thank you for your reply.

Indeed, I've found out that it isn't necessary to have all the "mandatory" attributes. The ACS View will use the syslogs if the aaa-server attribute is present. But several reports will not be able to view entirely (which seems normal).

Actions

This Discussion