Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS View 4.0 attribute problem

bert.lefevre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently testing the ACS View 4.0 in a VMWare Environment.

I've added 2 ACS servers who are already in production thus generate enough syslog messages.

The problem is that the ACS Views requires a lot of mandatory attributes that are not generated by my ACS-servers. This results that the syslog messages are dropped by the ACS View Software and so the ACS View cannot make reports of it.

I can see that if I check the server status page. There I have the red cross on the logs which means "Mandatory Attributes Not Received".

For example: the "Bypass_Info" is mandatory, although it contains only info if MAC Auth Bypass is used. Otherwhise, the ACS does not send this attribute in the syslog (although it is configured to be sent so I would expect the ACS would send it with an empty value, like: Bypass_Info=)

Another example is the Athor_Failure_Code which never contains a value on my ACS logs (I can see it in the internal CVS logs that it's empty).

Does anyone know how I should make it work?

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Ensure that you configure the AAA Server attribute for all logs. If you fail to configure this attribute, ACS View drops the record while collecting data by using syslog and package.cab.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_view/4.0/user/guide/appendixA.html#wp1004069

Hi carenas123, thank you for your reply.

Indeed, I've found out that it isn't necessary to have all the "mandatory" attributes. The ACS View will use the syslogs if the aaa-server attribute is present. But several reports will not be able to view entirely (which seems normal).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: