Failure to Synchronize Directory Services in Cisco Desktop Administrator

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009

I'm not able to synchronize directory services in Cisco Desktop Administrator. I found a document but it's for older versions of Cisco CRS version 3.1(3) SR2. I'm using Cisco CRS version 5.X.

I hope that someone can help me.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vkapoor5 Thu, 02/19/2009 - 15:28

- Please check if the permissions are set correctly?

- Also check if 2 NIC cards are installed on the CRS server, if so, check the binding order is set correctly.

- If the Desktop Administrator installed on the remote desktop, check the network connection is stable in that desktop.

ysanadiga01 Fri, 02/20/2009 - 01:03

Hi there,

We already performed those steps but it's not working.

On I found the same kind of issue but with CRS 3.1 (Failure to Synchronize Directory Services in Cisco Desktop Administrator - Reset Password). I tried to find a similar document but for CRS 5.x, but all in vain. I will attach the document and I hope and someone can help me to solve this issue in the CRS 5.x version.

shahid_iet2 Tue, 02/24/2009 - 20:52

hi Ysanadiga

i have same problem that you describe i have resolve this problem by restarting this service Cisco Desktop Sync Service goto system >> Control Center >> Your Primary server >> Cisco Desktop Sync Service

ysanadiga01 Wed, 02/25/2009 - 03:35

Hi Shahid,

Thanks for your reply.

I did that a couple of times but it didn't help.

ajsherard Mon, 11/09/2009 - 14:57

I have the same problem and Cisco TAC told me I need to reinstall CRS but customer does not have CDs. Do you fix your problem also if you have your CDS for CRS 3.1.3 can I borrow it ?

This Discussion