CTI port problem

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009

I came over the following problem (in IPCC 4):

Sometimes a call that is queued will simply be disconnected from the system. As far as i could find out, this happens on Select Resource Step, and it only happens occasionally (when there is a large number of calls in the system). The call is simply abandoned, however it was not the caller that disconnected the call while waiting.

The agents to not have any Cfwd configured on phones and Partition and CSS settings seem to be ok. These are the only two causes that i know of, which could cause such behavior.

Could this be somehow connected to the fact that there are 200 CTI ports configured in system, but there are only 150 IVR licenses?

Best regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Fri, 02/13/2009 - 11:22

Unless you separate your ACD steps from your IVR steps into different applications I don't see how this could be a problem.

Once the call is connected to the application the CTI port and license for that inbound call are reserved for the duration of that call.

Can you attach the relevant portions of the MIVR log files?

esa786_2 Sat, 02/14/2009 - 12:52

Hi. If you have 150 ivr port license, u can que 150 calls apart from your agent calls. I suppose, if you have 100 agent license and 150 ivr ports, you can have 100 agent calls and 150 queued calls at a time. if it is more than 150 queued calls, that may be dropped. i think this what the behaviour. pls correct me if i am wrong.

markotisler Wed, 02/18/2009 - 00:43

Could this be the case also with subflows? A call comes into an application, and is then sent to a subflow script...does the reservation of CTI ports apply in this situation?

There is another possible cause that comes to my mind...if the call is connected via Select Resource step and then a step inside the Connected branch fails, will the call also fail?

Best regards,

markotisler Mon, 02/23/2009 - 06:41

It seems the call disconnect is also happening after the call has already been connected to the agent, so the CTI ports and UCCX are probably not the real cause of the problem. I can't figure out how come this is happening only on calls to one single CSQ, whereas the others are working fine...

This Discussion