cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Certificate CSR using SH1

stevensh
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to generate CSR using SH1 instead of md5 on Cisco 1841 for SSL VPN, because the provider that I try to use doesn't accept md5. Also tried to import there private key and got an error "Error: invalid PEM boundary" any help would be appreciated

4 Replies 4

stevensh
Level 1
Level 1

Any one ?

rdleeuw
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I have run into the same issue. I'm trying to generate a CSR (certificate signing request) on a Cisco 2821 running IOS 12.4(15)T8 with a SHA signature because StartSSL does not accept CSR's with a MD5 signature anymore.

According to me the 'hash sha1' command within the crypto pki trustpoint should do the trick, but apparently not. The CSR that is generated is still not accepted by StartSLL claiming it is still signed with a MD5 hash.

So: How to generate a CSR with a SHA signature?

I have run into the same situation. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Not on the Cisco router itself. I ended up creating the CSR on a Windows 2008 R2 server . After receiving the certificate I exported the entire certificate chain from the server and imported it into the Cisco router, worked like a charm.

Ronald

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: