Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.0 Inventory failinf for some devices

qlgendrano
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have RME 4.1.0 and just recently I am seeing some devices failing for the scheduled inventory. I manually did the inventory and got the error "RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device". Does anybody know how to fix this kind of problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This looks like CSCsm97530 (though it could also be CSCso54489 if this device contains TenGigabit interfaces). Patches are available from the TAC for RME 4.1.1. It looks like you may also have some 3550s or 2950s running less than 12.1(19)EA1. If so, you will need to upgrade those switches before RME will be able to collect inventory from them.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be one of any number of bugs. Please post the IC_Server.log. Note: for any of the available patches, you will need to upgrade to LMS 3.0.1 first. That can be downloaded from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms301 .

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have managed to import all the devices from a csv file to LMS Common services. First problem, RME not automatically updating the device list from CS. Second problem, if I force the updation process, all the devices are remaining in Pennding state. What could have gone wrong??

Please start a new thread for your issue.

Hi Joe,

Here is the IC_Server.log file. Please confirm if this is a bug so I can proceed to upgrade.

Many thanks!

This looks like CSCsm97530 (though it could also be CSCso54489 if this device contains TenGigabit interfaces). Patches are available from the TAC for RME 4.1.1. It looks like you may also have some 3550s or 2950s running less than 12.1(19)EA1. If so, you will need to upgrade those switches before RME will be able to collect inventory from them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: