cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 phones fwrd themselves to VM often

averheaghe
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote office with 7941 phones, these check in to a CCM at our central site across an MPLS cloud.

Recently all users report phones forwarding themselves to VM often.

What might cause this?

3 Replies 3

jpstott
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean that callers to these extensions go straight to VM without ringing the phones first, or are the phones getting set to call-forward-all to VM 'by themselves'?

Option one could mean that the phones are losing connection across the MPLS and callers to this remote site are transferred directly to VM, since CCM sees the phone as unreg'd.

Option two could mean that users are inadvertently hitting CFwdAll before hitting their messages button.

Or, you could have a database replication issue if you have more than one CM.

Another thing I've seen is a malicious user logging into CCM user pages for fun and setting the CFA through the web. Most people set up their systems with a generic password for users. (I would recommend AD integration where possible.)

This is a call-forward-all situation. The phones have the little moving arrow indicating forwards. Users can remove it by hitting the callfwrd softkey.

It happens to all users in this office, and it is unlikely to be a user acting as prankster

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Andy,

What version of CUCM are you running as well as what Firmware are the phones using?

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: