Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Example CME with PRI Translation Examples

I am looking for some example CME (or UC500) router configs that have a PRI and are using "translation-profiles".

I don't have a 1-to-1 DID to extension dial-plan so basically am looking for translation profiles that strip outgoing digit (like 9 to dial out) and map certain DIDs to incoming extensions.

Figured if I have a few configs that work, I could figure the best solution for me.

Anyone have a few configs they could post using PRIs with Translation-profiles?

(NOTE: My config will grow a bit more complex because I have two sites each which will have a PRI and "back each other up" via a private IP WAN. So a pri failure at site a will cause the calls to route out site b's pri. So if you have something like this EVEN BETTER!)

I will rate anyone who posts a config. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A couple of things to consider:

1. You don't need to strip your access code with a translation rule. This is done with a dial peer such as:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

This dial peer will send only 7 digits beginning from the right most digit.

2. One option to DIDs that do not match your numbering plan is to use secondary numbers. This is especially useful if you have a large number since you are limited to 15 rules in a voice translation rule.

ephone-dn 10 dual-line

number 1000 secondary 1235551212

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks, this makes sense... but it leads to a couple of questions:

1) The "forward-digits" will be useful. I don't want to use the .T and will be setting up a "7 digit dialpeer", "10 digit dialpeer", "international", etc.

Part of the problem is that they have to use 10 digit dialing on their PRI (their area requires it) but I want to allow them to dial 7 digit for local calls. Hence some translation is required. I also want to add the "8" on inbound calls so they can call people back right from the phone's "call log". I think translation is the only way I can do that. Yes?

2) The secondary number is interesting, like you said, especially for DID routing. Does the "secondary" number have any impact on anything that might use that second line (call waiting, conferencing, message waiting indicator is on 1000, etc)?

Thanks for the reply!

1. You can handle the 10/7 digit issue with dial peers although depending on the number of local prefixes it might take quite a few.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9456....

forward-digits 7

prefix 123

This will give you a called number of 123456....

You can also combine multiple contiguous prefixes like this:

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 945[678]....

forward-digits 7

prefix 123

This dial peer would match any 7 digit number beginning with 456, 457 or 458

Yes, translation is the only way to prepend the 8 on incoming calls.

2. The only area I can think of where the secondary number has an effect is voicemail. If someone calls the secondary number and it gets forwarded to voicemail, CUE will need to know about this secondary number to route the call properly. You can enter the secondary number in CUE in the field for an E.164 number.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: