Service cannot be deleted

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009
User Badges:

I'm getting this error and can't find the data: The service cannot be deleted because it is referenced by a Route Data Location:Service. I've looked in every table I can think of and can't find it.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
iftikharsyed_2 Sun, 02/15/2009 - 20:06
User Badges:

Hi,

You can use the dependency records feature to check which of the objects are using the service.

HTH

Iftikhar

rhornsby69 Tue, 02/17/2009 - 04:52
User Badges:

dependency records feature? I've used script reference, but I've never heard of this feature.

I believe he is referring to Call Manager, which is not relevant.

On the Service you must have created a Route. And this Route must be referenced somewhere. If you try to delete the Route first, do you get the error?

Is it possible you have this Route in some old script. Have to cleared Deleted Items?

Perhaps you can go into the AWDB and find the primary key of the Route. Then check the schema to see what tables cross reference this and work through the DB? Hard work, eh?

Regards,

Geoff

rhornsby69 Tue, 02/17/2009 - 06:15
User Badges:

When I open Service Explorer, go to the Service, there are no Routes or subsequent items configured. I did clean out all deleted items from the Deleted Objects miscellaneous Tools section. I checked to make sure that it isn't cross referenced in any Enterprise groups and of course the Script Reference tools have no references as well as the Unreferenced items. There is a link somewhere out there, I just can't find it.

rhornsby69 Wed, 05/09/2012 - 05:07
User Badges:

Here it is 3 years later and I still cannot find out how to delete this.  Anything new from the folks out there?

rhornsby69 Wed, 05/09/2012 - 06:46
User Badges:

Found it, FINALLY.  It is referrenced in an old Translation Route that is no longer in use.

Actions

This Discussion