Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP polling ISDN channel status - All come back IDLE

craig.juhas
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've just added a Custom MIB for monitoring the status of the Primary Rate ISDN interface. I want to monitor the usage of the channels to get an idea of how busy we get. I get the data back but unfortunately they all come back as IDLE. I even made a call and refreshed but still all channels show IDLE.

Is there anything obvious I may have missed out on the router configuration?

The MIB I am using is 'isdnBearerOperStatus' [.1.3.6.1.2.1.10.20.1.2.1.1.2]

Thanks!

Craig

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That should work. Are you polling appending channel number to the oid ?

Solarwinds cleverly creates a table based on all the channels it finds and puts the status alongside each. To double check it wasn't a problem with Solarwinds I used GetIf to view the OID values and all channels come back Idle. Are there any specific commands required on the Router interfaces? Are there any SNMP commands that need enabling?

Not that I'm aware. Possibly a bug, ISDN code is one of the buggiest parts in IOS.

Hmm I think I might raise a TAC to have this looked into...

Try upgrading IOS first.

Although it would be important to have the bug investigated, more important is that your application works.

Then other bugs will come up to keep TAC busy anyway.

I have checked the latest Router we installed last December and this has the problem aswell. It's IOS is quite recent - Version 12.4(9)T7

You're then in the right position to ask cisco for a fix. Don't be put down if that requires much time and insistence.

I have monitored the active channels on a MGCP controlled gateway to get usage stats on PRI interfaces.

Using the CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB, you can monitor the variable with OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4

This will show the number of active DSO channels on the PRI interface.

Hi Colin,

I want to get the MGCP controlled PRI B channel status on ISR G1 and G2 routers. On what models of routers did you successfully use the "CISCO-POP-MGMT-MIB"?

Thanks,

Kapil

Hi Kapil

I got this working on cisco 2800, 37xx and 39xx series routers.

Regards

Colin

On 31 January 2012 18:09, kapilatrish <

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: