cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SB SPA9000 SPA400

joel
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to setup voip between my 2 houses and this looks like a good solution but there is not a lot of information on it...

has anyone set this up...I would like to what what components I would need and how easy it is in setting up..

thanks

:JoeL

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is quite easy and functional, but not comparable in any way to true Cisco solutions. You need the SPA900 and phones only. SPA400 is an FXO gateway, optional.

There are documents and guides, if your reseller cannot help if providing these, come back here.

Paolo,

I'm trying to setup phones between 2 houses that have broadband internet connections...i would like to have the 1 POTS phone line in one of the houses.

if I have vpn between the houses (I assume I need different routers or fw's to do that) should one of the houses having an SPA400 be sufficient...

also to make sure...even without a phone line or any service other than internet...i shd be able to use this as an internal phone system between the houses...

Yes to all questions. The "little PBX" is the SPA9000, 400 is an FXO GW.

so to set this up i need

SPA9000

+ a VPN device

+ wireless AP

+ optionally the SPA400 if i need a VG

+ my cable modem ofcourse

- looks like i'll need a rack at home lol...

does anybody know of another cheap easy solution for a home network or connecting two homes...

You don't necessarily need the SPA9000, the linksys phones can be configured to be standalone and hotlined to each other.

I think that is also compatible with each one getting independent service from an ITSP.

I also know understand that linksys makes VPN-capable cable routers, if you're allowed by the ISP to have your own. So not too many devices really.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: