cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time out feature on CCM 6.1?

red73mustang
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to change the time out feature in Communication Manager so that I don't get kicked out after 5 minuates? Is this setting on the server (Tomcat service?) and how can I change it?

Regards, Chet

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i assume we're talking about the session timeout in CCMAdmin, if that's the case it's not configurable.

there's an enhancement request for this

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

This answeres my question, but it does not really "help"(not your fault). How do I rate your answer?

that's one of the times when all you can say is: Don't shoot the messenger =)

There have been several times when i have provided the answer and it was not something the one asking wanted to hear but i mean, i work with what i got, i don't create the systems i simply provide info on how they work. those times they rated me 1!!

i appreciate you understanding that i only provide the info and not giving me a bad rating, simply leave it like that. no rating.

java

HTH

java

steakandeggs
Level 1
Level 1

As always with Cisco and GUIs, yer on your own.

I use Firefox with the Reloadevery add-on. In combination with AutoHotKey all you have to do when you load the callmanager page is press ctrl-r (or whatever you set up) and the CUCM pbage will refresh every X minutes. This will keep it from autologging out. I know, it's a disgusting workaround but hey there you go.

I bet you could script the bookmark so that is loads with Reloadevery already activated... Or Cisco could just fix their problem.

Thanks steakandeggs, I normally use I.E., but I will give Firefox with the add in a try. Kind of reminds me of the old "Dial up" ISP days that would kick you off if it sensed you were inactive. They had apps for that too!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: