Possible Routing issue? - ASA5520

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2009

Hi,

I migrated remote users from the MS PPTP to Cisco VPN Client 3 months ago. Since then, Remote users are getting "dead air" calls when they dial each other's extension. When remote users dial someone's extension at the company's 12 locations, everyting works perfect and can hear the other party just fine. It is only affecting remote users only! They are able to log into the Citrix Farm and can dial and receive calls from other employees whoe works at the office. Again, the trouble is dialind to between remote users using Cisco VPN.

So, i have a core 6509 connected to the ASA (inside, then a 3750 connecting the ASA Outside to the internet router. I have a static entry on my core that points to the ASA for the IP pool remote users use when connected 10.200.252.0/22. My default ASA route points to the Outside interface. Its a very simple setup! From my core or PC at work, i can not ping any of the remote users, and remote users can not ping eachother, yet then can ping everything on the inside.

I have their ip pool Exemptd, not using any ACL on the inside.

Not quite sure how i can get the remote users to ping each other?

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
drolemc Thu, 02/19/2009 - 19:22

In a Remote Access configuration, routing changes are not always necessary. Yet, if other routers exist behind the VPN gateway router or Security Appliance, those routers need to learn the path to the VPN clients somehow. In this example, suppose that the VPN clients are given addresses in the range of 10.0.0.0 /24 when they connect.

If a routing protocol such as EIGRP or OSPF is in use between the gateway and other routers, it is recommended that Reverse Route Injection be used as described. RRI automatically adds routes for the VPN client to the routing table of the gateway. These routes can then be distributed to the other routers in the network.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml#solunf

Actions

This Discussion