cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Messages not being delivered

mcvosi_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem getting messages delivered. I verified that the C150 can connect to my Exchange server using SMTPPING, but the IronPort will not receive or send any test messages from an email client. Is there a standard policy I must setup?

2 Replies 2

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

Can you do a telnet from your Exchange server (and from your Ironport to the Exchange server) and send a testmessage from the commandprompt?

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Are you trying to set it up so that the C150 can relay mail for external users? (e.g. users that are outside the network or away on business)

If that is the case, this article in the knowledge base explains how to set it up.

KB number: 932
External users using LDAP SMTPAUTH to authenticate and relay mail

I'm having a problem getting messages delivered.  I verified that the C150 can connect to my Exchange server using SMTPPING, but the IronPort will not receive or send any test messages from an email client.  Is there a standard policy I must setup?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: