cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Statefull Packet Inspection

ashish.sehgal
Level 1
Level 1

Can Cisco2821 and Cisco2811 routers support Stateful Packet Inspection. If yes, how to configure it? If No, kindly provide supporting documents/links etc.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish

5 Replies 5

ashish.sehgal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I found that SPI is configurable on Cisco2821 router. Could you let me know:

Is Statefull Packet Inspection (SPI) and CBAC (Context Based Access Control) are one and the same thing?

Regards

I have prepared a template to configure Stateful Packet Inspection on Cisco 2821. Would appreciate if any volunteer can validate the template.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ashish

you will have to replace the "echo-reply" with "echo" in access-list 100 for a start, without which you will not be able to initiate a ping from unprotected networks.

and permit for ftp-data 20 , i don't think it's required as you are inspecting ftp connections originating from your protected network. Rest everything looks fine.

Hi Vikram,

Is the application of the ACL and the Inspection rule on the Outside and Inside interfaces respectively in inbound direction, correct ?

Thanks,

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

The directions are correct, the inspections configured inbound are going to punch holes in the ACL 100 to accomodate the return traffic.

Vikram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card