cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users Associated with Line

VPMaharaj
Level 1
Level 1

We will be integrating our UCM 6.1.2 with CUPS 6.x with MOC as the client. On the DN page of the UCM right at the bottom is a button titled 'Associate End Users'. As per the documentation this is required but I still am wondering if this association is really necessary as I will need to update all of our users via BAT csv which will be a lot work provided it can be done via BAT? The users page has an entry under device associations and the primary extension under directory number association has an entry as well so hopefully this will suffice.

40 Replies 40

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

On CUCM 6.x and above, you need line association for phone presence.

Device association and primary extension on end user page was for phone control only. Those are two different features.

Yes, you may use BAT to do that.

For more tips, see my blog:

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Michael

Thanks Michael and 5 points for you. I am trying to update this via BAT but am having problems. I am interested in knowing which field on the csv file needs to be populated to achieve this line association for phone presence?

For Line Association,You will need to make a file with the following format:

User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition

Then, upload it using the BAT file upload tool and select BAT -> Users -> Line Appearance -> Update Line Appearance. Select your file and for CUPC users only. This populates the 'Users Associated with Line' field under the line on the phone.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com/

Thanks. I have been trying that for some time but it still does not populate. Will keep on at it, maybe upload the file to another directory.

Michael -

Is there a trick to do this when LDAP is enabled? During installs, I have found, if I turned LDAP first, then BAT imported all phones/lines, then try and associate the users to the lines/devices, etc, it fails. Happens in 6.x and 7.x. BAT throws up an error saying can not associate because LDAP is enabled?

sounds like a known bug. I have to dig up the bug ID. But the workaround is to disable LDAP integration before BAT. Then re-enable LDAP after BAT.

Michael

That makes senses. Thanks for the tip!

so do we have to stop the DirSync or do we have to pull out all LDAP configurations to accomplish this? We keep getting an error on the UserID which tells me it's because of LDAP.

Hi,

Having same problem here on UCM7. Cannot use BAT to associate End Users (with LDAP on or off!) with their Device. Even when it reports success the End User is not updated.

Any joy yet?

Rich

Scratch that. Sorted. Just needed Controlled Device 1 and User ID not any Line Appearance.

I ended up using the Line Appearance update in BAT. Just create a CSV from the example, with LDAP on or off and it worked fine. For whatever reason, when you have it all on page for BAT it does not work...

Whenever I try and update this way I get this error in the job scheduler.  Any idea what is wrong?

dward On row 1: devicenumplanmap does not exist

I tried chaning the device name to not include the SEP before the MAC address, but then I got a different error saying this:

dward On row 1: bad device name

My .csv file text looks like this:

User ID,Device,Directory Number,Partition
dward,SEP00260B5BD2BC,8374,Phones_PT

Thank you, this saved me a lot of tedious work!

Hi

I have User Device Profile and I need to associate Users with Line.  I have created file with format

User IDDeviceDirectory NumberPartition
ADOUGLASUDP_Alexandra_Douglas22847

PA_POV_OnNet

When I run it I keep on getting the error

user id Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADOUGLAS On row 1: bad device name

Result Summary :

Update for 0 Line Appearance passed.

Update for 1 Line Appearance failed.

End Time : 06/29/2010 15:33:20

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: