cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

traceroute break

korbenda11as
Level 1
Level 1

For sure this is an easy question. How to stop traceroute before it reaches line 30? also what are the shortcut keys for cli? thanks.

10 Replies 10

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

USe the break sequence cntl+shft+6 (all together) then x

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Even i have experianced the same.if continous ping has given it had stopped with --->cntl+shft+6 (all together) then x ,

but in the case of traceroute .....many times we have to wait till the 30th hop

ujil

For me it works always.. Actually you dont even need to press x after the combined sequence

MS_IP_L3#traceroute 7.2.2.2

Type escape sequence to abort.

Tracing the route to 7.2.2.2

1 *

MS_IP_L3#

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for the reply ...

ujil

thanks a million!

cyptic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

This is the strange way of doing it.

hold: ctrl+shift+6

release and press x.

Hi,

x is not necessary, sometimes even not good to use (while connected to from one router another router via a Telnet session and running traceroute there, it would just return to the first router session).

But ctrl+shift+6

pressed several times might help.

BR,

Milan

Thanks a million!

In my experience the X is not needed and as Milan points out is sometimes disruptive. I find that frequently I must repeat the key stroke sequence several times to stop a traceroute, but I find that the keystroke sequence of CTRL + shift + 6 is effective in stopping traceroute (or extended ping).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Sometimes you need to hit the X twice.

hold: ctrl+shift+6

release and press x x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: