Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA OID

satheesh.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My requirement is to check for one-way latency of my link. I have configured ip sla "icmp echo" option for that

Configuration

ip sla 200

icmp-echo 10.97.1.11 source-interface GigabitEthernet0/1

timeout 20

threshold 20

frequency 15

ip sla reaction-configuration 200 react rtt threshold-value 20 10 threshold-type

immediate action-type trapAndTrigger

ip sla schedule 200 life forever start-time now

snmp-server enable traps ipsla

snmp-server host 10.50.2.151 <string> ipsla

I am using HPOV as NNM. I need to view the trap I am receiving from the router. Can I know what oid values I need to have in my HPOV for IP sla.

Thanks and regards

SAT

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to load the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB. The MIB can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/ .

Dear Clarke,

Pardon me if I am asking a silly question. My knowledge on NMS is very poor.Do I need to have this file in my hpov nnm software?

Thanks and regards

K.Arun kumar

If you have IPSLA configured on your devices with thresholds it would be advisable to load it.

Yes, you must load this MIB into NNM. That will import all of the traps and OIDs so you can translate the varbinds from the IP SLA notification into human-readable object names.

If you have never loaded Cisco MIBs into NNM before, you should first read this document as there are prerequisite steps to follow:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b4cee.shtml

Hi clarke,

Thanks for the response and the reference document. I was able to download the " CISCO-RTTMON-MIB" and tried to load in my HPOV. I am getting an error " [CISCO-RTTMON-MIB] - Line 6235: Error defining object: found 'nReactConnectionEnable' "

I am also attaching the snapshot of the error message.

Am I missing something or do I have to edit the file which I downloaded.

Thanks and Regards

SAT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: